Digital planning is taking what you would normally have in your paper planner or filofax and making it digital, on your tablet. To get started I created Quilter’s digital planner for myself, and after I spent so much time on making it I was thinking that maybe others will enjoy it as well.
Why create a digital planner ?
I have been wanting to get my Filofax up to date, but I can’t find the refills locally. Even with the refill, it doesn’t quite measure up to what I am looking for.
My solution was to design my own, get it printed and add it to my binder. This posed my next issue, paper and printing. And the Filofax is pretty bulky. I have enjoyed carrying over a 100 books in my handbag thanks to Kindle, so why not the same with my planner?
The solution was clearly a digital planner.
To start with, you will recognize the background from the Tangled printed quilt fabric.
This digital planner includes:
- Monthly layout
- Weekly layout with a meal planner
- Goal setting
- Reading list
- Fabric library with space to add photos and notes (that’s why there is no background to this page)
- Pattern library also with photos and source links
- Project progress table
- Business quilter records
- Doodles with plain, dot grid and square grid
- Three blank tabs linked to sections where you can add your own personal sections
This digital planner is going to evolve over time. I like to create things, try them out, adapt to different needs and repeat. This is where you come in - let me know what you think:
- Is it useful?
- What would you like to see in it?
- Did you start digital planning and then stop? Why?
The download file is in pdf so that you can import it to your annotation app. I am using GoodNotes.
I hope you find it useful! Please give me feedback - but as always, be kind.