"Magnificent Candice Cockatoo" Printable is a pattern file that can be used to make your own wholecloth quilt. The pattern will create a 70 x 70 cm piece.
It is intended for printing on your home printer using either A4 or letter size sheets. The printed pages can then be taped together and traced onto fabric. There is also a full size (70 x 70 cm) that you can take to your local print shop and even make it bigger.
How can I use the "Magnificent Candice Cockatoo" Printable?
Once you’ve transferred it to your fabric there are more ways that you can use this:
- Create applique by tracing the various patches to applique paper, press to the back of your fabric pieces and press to your transferred fabric. You can get as detailed as you like, or as high level as you like. You will then either use your own quilting pattern or transfer the lines from the drawing over the applique pieces. I show you how to do all this here.
- Make a quilt sandwich and quilt it for a wholecloth quilt. Your choice of thread colour could have dramatic effects on the outcome of this piece.
- Fabric painting. I used Ellie and then coloured it with inktense pencils.
- Thread painting.
Your printable download file contains the following:
- 70 x 70 cm PDF file to print in full at the copy shop
- A4 file that will also produce a 70 x 70 cm print that you can tape or glue together and get a full size ready for tracing.
- Letter file will also produce a 70 x 70 cm print that you can tape or glue together and get a full size ready for tracing.
Of course, you can avoid the tracing and go straight to quilting by buying the printed quilt top. There is also a digital quilt pattern and a machine embroidery design – you are spoiled for choices!
A printable is still a digital file and subject to my normal terms and conditions. Please read this blog post about copyright if you are unsure of how you can use this, and of course, contact me!