Quilting with rulers is an introductory class to using quilting rulers on a quilting frame with a movable machine.
The purpose of this class is to help you gain the confidence you need to use quilting rulers with your machine. We will cover:
- Who’s the boss, and how to keep it that way
- Things that could frustrate you and what to do about it
- Marking for line designs
- Stitching lines, diagonal lines as well as point to point designs
This quilting with rulers class is live, on Facebook, in a group that is created specifically for every class. You will need to have a Facebook account to join.
Why on Facebook?
- Classnotes can be added to the group.
- Participants can easily communicate, ask questions and watch the class again if they want to.
- In short, it creates a small community.
What you’ll need
- Block Barn Sampler 1 is the printed piece that I’ll be using in the class. You don’t have to purchase it, but it will make it simpler for you to follow along. You can also mark your fabric with straight lines, diagonal lines and during the class, we’ll mark off some designs too. Buy the panel, and you’ll get a free invitation to the class of your choice.
- A straight ruler like Sid, or the ditch ruler (both rulers will be available by mid-October 2020). Remember that a quilting ruler for quilting must be ¼” thick.
- Notebook and pen
- The fabric already loaded on your frame. I won’t cover this in full, but I will talk a little about stitching your fabric down.
- Marking pen like the water-soluble marker or the chalk marker
- Thread and a full bobbin
- Painter’s tape is optional, but I’ll show you some handy tricks
Deadlines for ordering the panel is 4 weeks prior to the class. This is to ensure that the fabric reaches you in time since it will take approximately 10 days to get the fabric to me, and depending on where you are in the country, it could take another few days to reach you. 4 weeks gives me room to ensure everything is on time.
Currently, only one class is scheduled, because it’s the first one, and it’s on sale! Further classes will be scheduled for 2021.
Want to take this class in Afrikaans? Jy is gelukkig, want dit gaan ook gebeur. Daardie klas is hier beskikbaar.